Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Starting a blog

For quite a while now I have toyed with the idea of writing a blog.  Not so much to bore family and friends but rather for me to keep a living journal of my experiences as an ex pat in London.  I have hemmed and hawed.  I could not get past the idea of 'Yes, I should do this'.  So I finally moved past that and the first obstacle was the title.  Hmmm... a title.  There is always catchy titles like 'Nancy's Blog', Nancy's Travels' or even 'Read this and Weep'.  But I am pretty certain all of those jazzy titles are taken.  So what was left...

One of the first words I heard when I arrived here was 'chuffed'.  At first blush I thought it meant 'bummed' or 'disappointed'.  Imagine my surprise when it actually means 'delighted'. I love that!  It so perfectly describes how I feel about living here - I am so delighted to be here!  Life here is an adventure and, like most adventures, we are at the helm.  Feel free to join me, or not, on this wonderful season of my life spent in this city I have fallen in love with - London!!!


3 comments:

  1. OK, it's a strange little word, isn't it, Nancy? But it reminds us of some of the differences between us and our beloved Brit cousins. So blog on, and do tell us about the pubs, the beautiful spring scenery, and whatever else strikes you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're the perfect person to write a blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world, Nancy. I will be following you. I love your title!

    ReplyDelete